You are hereForums /

El Presidente's picture

Beauie Worlds Oct 3

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

A dedicated bunch rolled up to Beauie Worlds this morning after an early scare from an unwelcome shower. It was great to see riders from a number of other clubs including the ever present, Manly Warringah CC, Central Coast CC & Lidcombe Auburn CC.

Although the bunches were generally small, the racing was very competitive with all grades blowing to pieces by the finish.

A grade breakaway

El Presidente's picture

If a (Stephen) Tree falls on a highway, does anyone hear it?

Departe!

Day 4 Update - 768km Complete

Sept 23
Parked up in Mackay now and completed 768 Km in 4 days. On to Rockhampton over the next 2 days. Had strong head wind for the last 2 days. While a head wind is one thing, pedalling hard for 16 hr and av 23-25 kmh seriously plays on your mind.

Tomorrow will be a light day of 120km then another big one 208km will land me in Rockhampton

mgarnon's picture

NSCC Southern Highlands Blinder

The Southern Highlands Blinder club ride which was on the Ride Calendar for Saturday 1st October has been moved.

The ride calendar has been updated and event will occur Sunday 9th October.

El Presidente's picture

Maddog Mountain Bike Mistake

Maddog is easily the pole sitter for 2011 Media S&*t Award after this performance.......

http://youtu.be/Uo-hoqUd_nk

El Presidente's picture

Like! NSCC on Facebook

I know, I know....we've had a twitter account for ages but who uses it? We also had a Facebook group administered by a former cyclist and NO!.....it's not myself......and I do intent to continue riding, but only when the suns out, theres no wind and I am guaranteed of not puncturing and throwing my bike over a fence in hysterical outrage.

Anyway, our Facebook page is finally up with immediate updates and pics etc as they come about.

There are also going to be regular Questions asked for which you can respond and see a live poll of total responses.
Theres one up there now......

El Presidente's picture

Beauie Worlds Results Sept 18

Manly arrived today led by their Braveheart leader (http://tinyurl.com/3q48ago) destined to repeat their previous visit at Beaumont Road with a podium domination across the grades.

The NSCC riders stepped up to "reclaim what is rightfully ours" and keep the prize money in their pockets on this occasion.

It was great to see a good turn up of Manly, Peloton and Randwick riders across all grades today - especially with the amount of other racing on! Southern Cross Masters, Goulburn to Citi and Singletrack Mind MTB enduro.

El Presidente's picture

Justin Morris re-signs with Team Type 1

After a 1 year hiatus back in Australia studying and pursuing the MTB circuit with team MarathonMTB.com and on the road with the Northern Sydney Elite Racing Team, Justin "Maddog" Morris is excited and motivated to announce he will be returning to the USA with Team Type 1 in 2012.

Team Type 1 have a truly inspirational message as its grounding and basis. This message is something Maddog is really passionate about spreading and being a part of.

The TT1 message is that "life with or without diabetes can be all that you dream it to be".

El Presidente's picture

Matthew Eddy wins Heffron

While most of us sit around the coffee shop on Saturday till some ungodly hour, others keep the legs spinning and head down to Heffron Park on Saturday arvo for a bit of a crit.

New NSCC member Matthew Eddy did exactly this and showed some serious potential for things to come taking out the WIN in B Grade.

Congratulations Matt.

Hope we can see you on the podium again some time soon.

- Photo courtesy of Randwick Botany CC. Click here for the race report http://tinyurl.com/3gkbvfb

El Presidente's picture

Goulburn to Citi Recon Ride Sunday

Ok, so I'm not the weather man but reports and weather forecasts suggest this rain will not hang around long. While Saturday looks pretty miserable, Sunday looks to be clearing up quite significantly.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/campbelltown...
and
http://tinyurl.com/3ar4b6e

Although its likely to be pretty fresh in terms of temps, it actually looks dry for NSCC's scheduled Goulburn to Citi reconnaissance ride this Sunday.

El Presidente's picture

Cans, Coast and Tree

So the epic marathon riding theme is definitely infectious.

NSCC's Maddog Morris rode solo unsupported from Brisbane to Sydney, Neil Matthews and Jm Ireland rode from Sydney to the Gold Coast and Mike Blewitt has just yesterday returned from a Euro season of Marathon Mountain Bike events.

Now another rider is putting his fitness to the test and adhering to NSCC's "hard man" code of pushing ones self to the limit.

Northern Sydney Elite Racing Team rider Stephen Tree has got all his ducks lined up to have a crack at a corker!

El Presidente's picture

How to ride in a bunch

The good thing about joining a cycling club is the opportunity to ride with other people of the same and varied ability. It is the opportunity to learn new skills, gauge your ability next to someone else or just catch up with mates for a coffee and chat.

While bunch rides can be motivating, challenging, thrilling, inspiring and provide security/safety in numbers (especially on Sydney roads) it can also be difficult, scary, dangerous and highly irresponsible if done incorrectly.

El Presidente's picture

Beauie Worlds Report Sept 4

In nothing but knicks and short sleeve jerseys, 34 riders postponed Fathers Day celebrations and family commitments until lunch and came out firing at Mt Kuring Gai this morning.

The weather was perfect with a light breeze and temps in the high teens. It was refreshing to get out for a ride in minimal kit for a change.

The racing was aggressive in the small bunches and averages in A Grade hovering over 40km/h for the majority of the race.
Manly Warringah CC sent up a strong group of riders spread across all grades and walked away with most of the prize money on offer.

El Presidente's picture

Ride your bike!

Having just returned from 3 days work in Melbourne it was timely that I just came across this article posted by St Kilda local blogger Cyclingtips today.

http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2011/08/what-were...

Timely, due to the fact that as I buzzed around Melbournes suburbs and CBD in my little hatchback rental I couldn't help but make comparisons to the cycleways and bike friendliness of the city compared to Sydney.

El Presidente's picture

NSW State Champs & Kurrajong Classic

JW19

2nd - Brooke Langereis (NSCC)

Elite Women

1st - Gracie Elvin (Canberra CC)
2nd - Supa Sue Forsythe (NSCC)
3rd - India Stomper Faehndrich (NSCC)

Kurrajong Classic Div 2 - 99km (3laps)

In a race full of sandbaggers, guys like Barry Kenyon should have simply walked away with the win today. However, it seems some riders bagged more sand than others making Barry's dream day a little harder to achieve.

El Presidente's picture

Junior State Champs - White Hot in Cold Armidale

The NSW Junior State Champs were held last weekend in Armidale in Northern NSW and by all reports, the racing was HOT but the weather - FREEZING!

NSCC walked away with 3 MORE state titles in 2011 courtesy of Ashlee Jones in the
JW11 category.

Ashlee Jones
1st NSW ITT
1st NSW Road Champs
1st NSW Criterium Champs

Michael Potter JM15
6th NSW Road Champs
4th NSW Criterium Champs

Jacob Jones JM15
6th NSW Criterium Champs

Well done guys. Ashlee's going to have to start paying rent for that top step if she keeps up these performances!

El Presidente's picture

Weekend Bunch Rides You Should Get In To

There is not much time left!!!!!! To enter the remaining races for this years open season.

NSCC has had a good showing at recent opens and the new Saturday afternoon tradition of cheese, wine and biscuits is set to entice even more members away.

You only spend 2 odd hours of each day racing, so there is plenty of time to meet and get to know other club members, talk about the Tour De France (without your partner telling you that’s enough), as well as seeing the regions sights. i.e. In Mudgee all the wineries and cheese shops.

El Presidente's picture

Northern Sydney Cycling Academy has a BIG DAY OUT

Report by Rexine Jones

On Saturday the 16th July Cycling NSW held the NSW Junior Metropolitan Road Race Championships.

For all of us travelling out to the Sutherland Criterium track it was an early morning wake up call to be out there by 8am and ready for the first race at 8:30am.

The morning was wet and grey but all the NSCA kids were ready and keen to get moving through the day.

NSCA team turned out in force with 12 of our the team racing.

El Presidente's picture

NSCC Race Reports - 6 wins in 7 days

It seems NSCC has been inspired following Cadels win last week.

One week on and NSCC are winning races left right and centre. Well at the NSW ITT Champs, Sydney Road Champs and Beauie Worlds at least. All world class events that easily rival the likes of the TDF and Roubaix etc.

ASO have approached NSCC about the inclusion of Beauie Worlds to the "Historic" calendar of UCI races, but we prefer to keep our roots among the people of the Northern Suburbs.

Last Sunday heralded the NSW ITT Champs and year on year, a demonstration of NSCC's ability against the clock.

El Presidente's picture

New Kit Available

For current NSCC members you will be pleased to know that our new club kit has arrived and ready to go.....The kit is yet again another fantastic looking kit designed by Thomas Joynt (Thanks Tom) and Capo have done a great job on the kit. This is really top quality kit with the vests now a thick windstopper material so you will not get kit of this quality anywhere else at this price!!!

Below are pics of the NSCC Elite Racing Team Kit (white) and the NSCC Racing Team Kit (Red). Thanks Sally and Brett for the unsolicited use of these pics.

El Presidente's picture

Sydney to Brisbane Solo for Huntingtons. Maddogs Final Ride Report

I had dreamed for quite some time about making a cycle journey from Brisbane to Sydney, and I wanted to make it different to any other route one would take in regular transport. The Great Dividing Range runs parallel to the east coast of Australia and provides some spectacular scenery. This would be my answer! With some time on my hand between racing commitments and uni semesters, it dawned upon me that this dream COULD happen. With a bit of organisation and map reading and marking, I was on my way.

El Presidente's picture

NSCC Juniors Tearing Up The Streets

The NSCC Juniors have been tearin up the streets lately with some excellent results at Metro and State level.
Last weekend at the NSW Metro Titles NSCC were all over the podium.

Congratulations to;

-          Harrison Bailey 2nd U17M
-          Michael Potter 2nd U15M
-          Ashley Jones 1st U11G

The previous weekend at Canberra at the ACT Championships, Ashley Jones won the U11G Time trial, both road races and the Criterium.

Northern Sydney had a good turn out at both events. Many thanks to Helmut for all his hard work at training our kids.

El Presidente's picture

Beauie Worlds Cancelled

Today's race has been cancelled due to bad weather

El Presidente's picture

Ross Martin

With deep regret it is to inform the sad passing of Ross Martin last Saturday, after a cycling accident near Newcastle.

Ross was instrumental in the development of northside cycle sport since the early 1980’s, and was an active contributor to our club committee for many years. Be it a local road race to West Head, or a criterium around the Warriewood Valley or Beaumont Road at Mt Ku Ring Gai, Ross always had a valuable contribution to make on competition or road safety issues. If you wanted something done to make a club race run better, simply give it to Ross.

El Presidente's picture

NSCC's top girls go Top 5 at Canberra Tour

The 3 day Canberra Tour was run over the weekend and what NSCC's struggled to deliver at Mudgee was well and truly compensated for in the Womens Canberra Tour.

Final GC

Sue Forsythe 4th
India Faehndrich 5th

Friday - Stage 1 - ITT 15.5km

India Faehndrich 4th
Sue Forythe 13th

Saturday - Stage 2 - Road Race 80km

Sue Forythe 3rd
India Faehndrich 7th

Sunday - Stage 3 - Road Race 40km

Sue Forsythe 3rd
India Faehndrich 9th

Sunday - Stage 4 - Criterium

Sue Forsythe =18th
India Faehndrich =18th

El Presidente's picture

Direct from Le Tour (NSCC on the Ground)

Well Le Tour has started and NSCC has a bunch of chargers on the ground stalking Cadel on what could possibly be HIS year. Fingers crossed.

Kathy Warne, Trent & India (straight off Canberra Tour), The Moits, Calle Ekehov and Mr Up-And-Coming (Dan Daly) are spending time doing hill repeats on Alpe D'Huez waiting for the race to arrive.

Dan Daly is running a regular blog and will hopefully be including some cool power and ride data from some of the worlds greatest climbs.

Tune in the the blogs page regularly for his regular updates on all things FRANCE!

Best Mountain Bike